Saturday 11 February 2012

Handy Handbag

Well I seem to be keeping my promise at least of a post a week and in fact I've also started another blog called  Infectious Smile which also keeps me out of mischief at least once a day.


Now just before Christmas I decided that I wanted a hand bag that was more in keeping with my new obsession so my trusty Radley bag was going to get relegated to work only affair. Thinking about it a little more I'm not so sure how much I liked it when I first saw it.  In fact I think I bought it as it was the one that I just liked more than any of the others on show. Over the last few months I've come to realise that vintage fashion is actually what I've been looking for all along but didn't really know where to look. And its the looking that I've found so much of a challenge.  There seems to be a real lack of vintage shops anywhere close to where I live and as much as I embrace shopping online I much prefer to fondle things prior to parting with my cash.


Then I came across this bag on eBay.  I'd been watching it for a few weeks and then I suddenly came to the conclusion that in actual fact this bag was half the price of anything I'd ever looked at in a regular shop and therefore what did I have to lose?

When the parcel arrived I wasn't disappointed and I love it. I love the little claps along the top edge and the handle is just long enough for me to carry it over my shoulder and to top it all off my Kindle fits in just nicely.  I've had so many compliments from people about it which just adds even more to my love of it.


3 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful bag- very envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you .. :) .. I'm trying not to use it all the time! as I fear I might wear it out.. tehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never! It's beautiful. Ooh and I've passed you a blog award (and am masquerading as my "other" blog just to confuse things! - http://theglasslantern.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete